Indi.T.Dog

Thoughts and Dreams of a Labruskie

All About An Indi Dog

I'm a Husky/Retriever Cross with a quizical expression.(Does that make me a Labruskie or a Husktriever) I came to live with my owners from Manchester on 24 November 2008. My family is two humans B & P, assorted wildlife, extended family humans and lots and lots of fish!!

Welcome to My World

Welcome to my New Site - I hope you like it! Keep up to date with all my adventures or check out my rated walkies suggestions If you would like to leave me a message please remember it doesn't appear right away as I have to do something called moderating - it is a bit like chewing - to make sure nothing in your comments will be worrying to a little pup!

Bolton Abbey

Walkie Location: Bolton Abbey Yorkshire (just!) Great Print your own Maps


Human Considerations: Now Car Parking is not cheap - £5.50 whether you stop for and hour or a day - so bring a picnic and make a day of it. (if you go mid week in the winter it is free) On the plus side they do invest this money in the walks and they are all well maintained. It gets very busy in the summer but in the winter if you wrap up warm it is a very beautiful place to walk. There is a cafe which does both hot drinks and food - but at a price! there is also a gift shop. Pay at one of the three car parks and you get free parking at any of the other two. There are NO! poo bins other than the car park so be prepared to carry. They have upgraded the paths along the river for disabled and buggy access so now you can get almost to the Strid in relative ease. Please note you can no longer go to the Valley of Desolation if you have a doggy in tow - plus they request you keep them on a lead if you walk the narrow woodland paths

Doggy Thoughts: WoW WoW WOW I LOVE this place - What is not to love - there is a great river to paddle and 'look' at ducks - there is a field that pretends to be a carpark with fenced off middle parts so you can play even when it is full. There are FAB walks in every direction as far as a furry eye can see and ok you have to be on your lead for some of them but hey ho!!! Doggies are even welcome at the cafe so long as you sit out side so you can sit and watch the ducks at play while the humans have a hot drink. I think my fave bit was when B and I walked across the 'ford' P didn't want to get his feet wet but me and B were game! I quite fancied the stepping stones over the river too but B said the river was too fast if I fell in and she drew the line at swimming as it was snowy the day we went.

I am keeping my paws crossed that we go here again soon!!

Ball Chucker Points: It has to be my first ever 6 out of 6 award

0 comments:

Post a Comment



 

Upside Down

Catching Bubbles

Me and Auntie Ellie

Worn Out Pup

UnWrapping

Bed with a View

Smiler

Waiting